10 Things You May Not Have Known about B&M Racing’s History
1. B&M is named for its founders, Bob Spar (the “B”) and Mort Schuman (the “M”).
2. B&M began as a general automotive repair shop in 1953. Although they started out wrenching on a little bit of everything, high school friends Bob Spar and and Mort Schuman found their niche strengthening transmissions and high performance engines.
3. In 1961, the B&M Hydro Stick became the only patented four-speed automatic racing transmission in history. Based on the popular GM Hydramatic, the B&M Hydro Stick allowed racers to manually shift their automatic transmissions. In a time when manuals ruled the track, B&M’s Hydro Stick changed the game by making it possible to keep an automatic transmission in low gear until the driver decided to upshift.
4. B&M was one of the original 13 founding companies of SEMA when it started in 1963.
5. In 1965 Frank Cannon made the first 200 MPH Top Fuel run in history using a B&M TorkMaster transmission.
6. Legend of the track, Don “The Snake” Prudhomme’s first solo effort was in the B&M owned and sponsored TorkMaster car.
7. Working in conjunction with a major oil company in the 1960’s, B&M introduced, Trick Shift, the first performance ATF.
8. When automatics started gaining momentum in the mid-60’s, B&M began modifying converters to increase stall speeds. B&M was the first company to create what is known today as the high stall racing torque converter.
9. In 1969, B&M teamed up with Andy Granatelli and Plymouth on a program to develop the only automatic transmission for Indy/USAC racing.
10. In the 1970s, B&M introduced shift and transmission improving kits to the market. These kits allowed customers to improve shift firmness and transmission durability in their driveways using basic hand tools.
2018-19 Jeep Wrangler JL - B&M SportShifter & Transfer Case Handle| 02/27/2019
The B&M Precision SportShifter for the 2018-19 Jeep Wrangler JL (2 and 4 door) with 6-speed (AL6) manual transmission features a 303 stainless steel stick with an anodized aluminum pivot reduces the shift throw by 18% over the factory shifter.
Wayne Wright’s 1966 Ford Mustang - Customer Spotlight| 09/07/2017
Marilyn. Punch that name into Google and you’ll find info and images of one of the most well-known actresses and models of the 1950’s. Ask Wayne Wright who Marilyn is and you’ll receive a much different response.
How To Maintain Your Flowmaster Delta Force Air Filter| 06/20/2019
In this video, we'll show you just how quick and easy it is to maintain your Flowmaster Delta Force Air Filter using our Delta Force Refresh kit. This system will provide your vehicle with a lifetime of high-flow and efficient service from your cotton gauze filters.
Hot New XDR Off-Road Competition Exhaust for Polaris RZR XP1000| 06/18/2019
In this video you will get to hear the deep powerful sound of the hot new XDR Off-Road Competition exhaust system for 2015-17 Polaris RZR XP1000 EPS 2/4 door models.