Considering the Purchase of a Used Racepak V-Net Drag Race Data System?
The rugged design of Racepak products provides years of service, often for multiple customers, between multiple vehicles, through the used market.
Before purchasing a used Racepak data system, there are a number details to verify, as often times the costs to refurbish a data system due to missing components, cut cables and Racepak factory labor, can exceed the cost of a new system.
If you wish to send your used system to Racepak, we will set up and check the system out for a $100 system setup fee, plus whatever items are missing from the complete system. You can save yourself a little time and money by doing this at home, checking the components you have against the list below to determine what (if any) items you are missing to complete your Racepak V300SD or V500SD system. For your ordering convenience, a list of part numbers and their corresponding links can be found at the bottom of this page.
V300SD / V500SD Data Logger
- Data logger with SD memory card and single pin serial port plug
- Instruction manual
- Programming cable and USB to serial adapter
- USB memory stick with correct serial number license information, for that particular data logger
- One – 9” long V-Net ‘T’ cable connected to V-Net port of data logger. More than one 9” V-Net “T” connector indicates an improper installation, which will result in data failure
- One – male and one –female, blue end V-Net terminator cap. If no V-Net sensors are installed, the terminator caps will be on the 9” ‘T’ cable. If V-Net sensors are installed, the V-Net terminator caps will be found and the beginning and end of the V-Net sensor chain. The system will not operate without the T cable and terminator caps, installed
- Black dust cap installed on the data logger Analog port (if not in use)
- Main RPM harness, connected to RPM port of data logger. Harness should include:
- Engine RPM cable with installed connector
- Driveshaft RPM cable with installed connector
- Clutch RPM cable with installed connector
- Power/Ground cable
- Start Record cable with Start Record button (if desired)
- Drive shaft RPM sensor and two-piece magnetic split collar with mount bracket
- Single red wire MSD pigtail harness utilized to obtain engine RPM from MSD (or other aftermarket ignition box with square wave tach signal) or mag pickup for magneto-based ignition systems
- Ensure all V-Net, Analog and RPM sensors and cables are equipped with all mating connectors.
Replacement Part Numbers for Above Listed Components
|200-MS-V300SD||V300SD Data Recorder|
|200-MS-V500SD||V500SD Data Recorder|
|280-CA-HARNMSD3||Engine RPM pigtail (single red wire) for MSD or other battery ignition|
|280-CA-IM-DCAPM||Black Dust Cap for Analog port of data logger|
|280-CA-VM-T009||V-Net 9” ‘T’ cable|
|280-CA-VM-TCAPM||V-Net Male terminator cap|
|280-CA-VM-TCAPF||V-Net Female terminator cap|
|280-SN-MAGPU3||Engine RPM pickup for Magneto ignition|
|280-CA-HARNPDCB||V300SD / V500SD RPM & Power harness (door car)|
|280-CA-ST140SR||Serial programming cable for V300SD & Sportsman|
|280-SW-BUTTON3||Start Record Button|
|800-CL-8M-XXXX||Driveshaft RPM split collar (XXXX denotes diameter)|
|800-MB-SS-5||Driveshaft sensor mount bracket|
|800-SS-MSC-5||Driveshaft RPM sensor|
|890-CA-USB2SER||PC USB port to serial adapter|
|890-CA-USBABM-6||USB programming cable for V500SD|
|890-DR-DISK||USB License Disk (please call Racepak at 888-429-4709 to order)|
|890-SD-RDR-5||SD memory card to PC USB port reader|
|890-SDWC-8GB||8GB SD Memory Card|
What Is V-NET Technology| 01/14/2017
Racepak’s Vehicle Network (V-Net) is a “smart data” transfer network providing the ability to transmit multiple signals from each sensor over a single cable. This technology creates a system in which the individual components interact with each other; making a simpler, more compact system which can be expanded with ease.
Racepak Vantage CL1 Helps Decide Motor Trend's Best Drivers Car For 2018| 09/28/2018
Motor Trend's Best Driver's Car for 2018 just aired this week, and if you haven't had a chance to see which of the eight cars ended up on top, we won't spoil the outcome for you. But we can share with you MTOD test driver Randy Pobst's thoughts and opinions on Racepak's Vantage CL1 data system. See for yourself by clicking play above!
How To Choose Mr. Gasket Automotive Hose| 01/17/2019
For more than half a century, Mr. Gasket has been the go-to source for racers, offering a full line of gaskets, fasteners and more. Mr. Gasket’s ever-expanding line of plumbing products continues this tradition with high-quality hose, hose ends, adapters and even installation tools.
Today, we’re looking at the different styles of Mr. Gasket hose available, and when to choose one over the other for your project.
Life's Good: Bill Alvis' Wild Blown Nitrous S-10| 01/15/2019
He's had a lot of different engines in the truck, but never one like this.