Embedded Software Designer
I. Principal Duties/Responsibilities
● Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment;
● Design, develop, code, test and debug system software;
● Review code and design;
● Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability, of system resources;
● Integrate and validate new product designs;
● Provide post production support;
● Interface with hardware design and development;
● Interface with PC and mobile development
● Assess third party and open source software.
II. Minimum Job Requirements:
- Work Experience: a minimum of 5 years.
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent, Master’s degree a plus.
- Technical: Strong mathematical skills, including linear algebra, and numerical method. Solid programming experience in C or C++ with hands-on development on embedded targets. Knowledge of Reading schematics and data sheets.
o Multitasking, Real-Time Computing, Interrupt Handling
o Communication: USB, RS232, I2C, SPI, CAN, SDIO, FAT and Wireless (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi)
o Good familiarity with 32-bit ARM processors and software configuration management tools
o Alphanumeric, Dot-matrix and graphic displays.
- Communication: must possess excellent communication skills, verbal and written, along with outstanding listening skills.
- Leadership: must be able to exhibit deep skills in decision making: the ability to drive for consensus in a group, but still be able to maintain program timing by forcing key decisions to happen on time, every time.
- Documentation: must ensure proper documentation at all stages of development and take responsibility to make it happen.
III. MSD Key Contacts
● Designer will work with Engineering Group Managers, Test & Validation Engineers and other engineering groups.
IV. Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods, use his/her hands to feel objects, tools or controls, reach with his/her arms; talk, hear and frequently stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. This position also requires the frequent lifting and moving up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifting and moving up to 50 pounds.
V. Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically in an office environment. The noise level in this work environment is usually low but under certain circumstances, hearing and eye protection may be required.
Engineering Lab Technician| 06/07/2019
Engineering lab technicians provide hands on support to the engineering staff by setting up and conducting tests to the criteria given by engineers
Electronic Fuel Injection Lab Technician| 06/07/2019
EFI Lab Technicians provide support to the EFI engineering staff for both sustaining product and new product development.
How to Install and Use Earl's Solo-Bleeds| 06/21/2019
See how easy it is to install and use Earl's Solo-Bleed brake bleeders.
We are looking for a passionate Photographer to use images to tell a story. The successful candidate will be able to achieve technical, qualitative and quantitative goals while meeting our Product Managers and Business Development needs and deadlines in a fast paced work environment.