Standalone Engine Management, at a budget price. Plug and Play with most domestic V8 Engines!
Terminator X and X Max Features and Benefits
- Plug and play engine control for most domestic V8 Engines
- GM Drive-by Wire Throttle Body Control (Terminator X Max Only)
- GM Transmission Control (Terminator X Max Only)
- Genuine Bosch LSU 4.9 Wideband Control (Will not work with LSU 4.2 Oxygen Sensors)
- On-Board Diagnostic LEDS for: ECU Power – Engine Run – Wideband Status – TPS Calibration – Crank Signal – Cam Signal. Allow you to identify any Critical engine issues at a glance
- Built in 1bar MAP Sensor, vacuum hose adapters included (1/8th – ¼ and 3/16ths) - or for Boosted applications, you can disable the internal MAP sensor, and utilize an external MAP Sensor, the harness comes with the connector terminated, making the installation a snap.
- Plug and plug ignition capability with Dual Sync and HyperSpark Distributors, adapter 558-323 required for HyperSpark Distributors.
- 4 Inputs – 12v, Ground, 5v, and Frequency, for things such as additional pressure sensors, or activation triggers for nitrous activation, or a trans brake (Fuel and Oil Pressure Inputs are pre-terminated)
- 4 Outputs – Ground, PWM - , for accessories such as; fans, boost control, nitrous control, IAC Kit, and More
- Boost Control – Boost vs Time, Boost vs Gear, Boost vs RPM, Boost vs Speed, Boost Safeties
- Nitrous Control – Single Channel of Wet or Dry, Progressive or Non-Progressive, Rich/Lean Safeties, and target Closed Loop AFR
- Advanced Tables – 4x 1D Tables, 1x 1D per Gear Table, 4x 2D Tables, 1x 2D per Gear Table
- Integrated Datalogging to the 3.5” Handheld SD Card
- Free EFI Tuning Software for complete control of your Terminator X power plant
- 8 Built-in multi-color diagnostic LED's allow you to quickly identify a variety of potential system issues, such as a failed TPS Autoset - faulty crank or cam sensors, or potential oxygen sensor issues!
- 1. ECU Power - Green = ON
- 2. Engine Running - Green = Running - Yellow = No RPM
- 3. Wideband Status - Blue = Too Hot, Too Cold, Slow Warmup, or Uncalibrated, Green = OK!, Red = Sensor Failure, Yellow = Sensor Heating, Off = Sensor Disabled.
- 4. TPS Calibration - Green - Calibrated, Red = Calibration Error, Cyan = DBW Pedal Calibration Error, Purple = DBW TB Calibration Error.
- 5. Undefined - Future Use!
- 6. Crank Signal - Green = Tooth Detected, below crank to run RPM (400RPM), Blue = Gap Detected, below crank to run RPM (400RPM), Red = Crank Error Detected, Off - Synced Properly.
- 7. Cam Signal - Green = Tooth Detected, below crank to run RPM (400RPM), Blue = Gap Detected, below crank to run RPM (400RPM), Red = Cam Error Detected, Off - Synced Properly.
- 8. Undefined - Future Use!
Troubleshooting at a Glance!
Injector Identification Chart
- OEM's used three different injector connector styles on the factory injectors. Left - Bosch (EV1) commonly found on late 80's early 90's Engines - Center - USCAR (EV6) and Right - Multec 2, which were used in early LS truck engines.
Need Help Identifying your Injectors?
Terminator X Max ECU Connections
- J1A - Main Harness Connector - This connector is primarily an “Input” connector. It contains all the sensor inputs and wide band oxygen sensor control.
- J1B - Main Harness Connector - The second connector is the “J1B” connector (26 pin). This connector is the “output” connector. It has 8 injector outputs and outputs for other devices.
- MAP Sensor - used on N/A applications, connect directly to right manifold vacuum port on the intake manifold.
- Main Power - Connects to the Main Power Harness, these two wires MUST be wired directly to the Battery Terminals.
- J3 - Connection point for the Drive-By-Wire harness.
- J4 - Connection point for the Transmission harness.
Handheld Boost Control!
- The Terminator X system integrates boost control functionality into the handheld, allowing you to easily change timing and AFR offset without needing a Laptop!
- For the advanced user, the Terminator X Software contains a robust boost control system, with Dome Control, Boost By Time/Gear/RPM/Speed, and built in Boost Safeties.
Boost Control at your Fingers Tips
Bottle Fed Power Management!
- If nitrous oxide is your power adder of choice, the Terminator X system put nitrous control in your hands!
- Through the handheld you have the power to set Min/Max RPM for Nitrous Activation, retard or advance timing, set Target AFR, and even build custom progressive curves for both Nitrous Percentage, and Ignition Timing.
Nitrous Control made easy!
Tech & Support Documents
Browse our technical documentation and downloads for information on Terminator EFI.
Watch out instructional videos on Holley EFI.
Frequently Asked Questions
Be sure and visit our frequently asked questions section for quick answers.
Certified Holley EFI Dealers
Do you need a custom kit built for your application? Do you need a system installed and tuned? Click here to find the Certified Holley EFI dealer in your area! (All Certified EFI Dealers are factory trained.)
Back To Top