- Color: SILVER
- Horsepower: 425
- Drivetrain: RWD
I am the 3rd owner of this 1986 Monte Carlo SS with only 51,000 original miles. The build started by improving the handling, braking and stance. I installed front and rear sway bars. Lowered it 2" all the way around. Put in a Posi Performance Differential and installed disc brakes with slotted and drilled rotors all the way around. To address the power issue I have built an aluminum block 5.3 LS that will make 425HP.
Buy all of the necessary Holley LS Swap components to finish the build.
Wish List: LS SWAP
- GM/Small Block Chevy Heavy Duty Clamshell Engine Mount Housing (Upper and Lower). Sold Individually. Use 2 mounts per vehicle.
- GM SBC Polyurethane Engine mount Insert -Black
- 1978-1988 GM A/G-Body LS-Swap Crossmember Add-on Bracket for 4L60 Transmission
- GM LS Retro-fit Oil Pan - 1955-87 GM/Muscle Car/Classic Car/Trucks Cars requiring more clearance at the front half of the oil pan
- 1970-1981 Camaro/Firebird, 1978-1987 GM "G" Body with GM LS Swap 4.8/5.3/6.0/6.2/7.0L (3-Row) NOTE: Inlet and Outlet fittings are available separately in three different sizes listed under the Service Parts Tab based on your hose size needs.
- GM LS Steam Tube Kit w/Black Pro-Lite 350 Hose - Fits Most Engines w/ Hi-Ram Intake Manifold & other Intakes w/ room underneath for the Earls Billet Swivel Adapters and AN Hose.
- The improved efficiency of these Blaster Coils will give your LS the ignition boost you're looking for.
- Fits 175, 260, and 460 GPH VR Series Billet Fuel Filter and EFI Filter/Regulator. 50.3 mm I.D. Mounting Bracket Thru-Bolt Holes: c/l to c/l = 3.150" & use w/ 1/4" Mounting Bolts. The threaded mounting holes in the bracket are M6-1.0 Mounting Bolt Holes: c/l to c/l = 3.150" & use w/ 1/4" Mounting Bolts. Each Bracket is 1/2" thick by 3.750" Wide.