- QuestionWhat spark plug gap should I use when using the ACCEL HEI coil?Answer.045 is a good starting point. Check your plugs after 100 miles of driving. The white porcelain around the electrode of a properly gapped plug should have khaki tan coloration. If the plugs look black, close the gap by .005 to .040. If the porcelain is white, open the gap by .005 to .050 to cool the operating temperature of the plug.Helpful?
- QuestionWhat is the difference between coils #8140 and #8145 and should I use a ballast resistor?AnswerThe 8140 has 1.4 OHMs primary resistance and will need a ballast resistor when used with a point style distributor. The 8145 has 0.7 OHMs primary resistance and will require a ballast resistor when used with a Unilite or MBI distributor.Helpful?
- QuestionWhat is the replacement module for 51 & 71 series distributors?AnswerACCEL #35366Helpful?
- QuestionWhat HEI distributor coil do you recommend for my ACCEL HEI unit?AnswerYou will need to look at your original coil. If you have red and yellow OEM primary wires, use ACCEL #140003. If you have red and white OEM primary wires, use ACCEL #140005.Helpful?
- QuestionWhich ACCEL shorty header plug can I use to replace my current plugs?AnswerThis varies depending on your current spark plug. Refer to the ACCEL catalog for a competitive cross reference.Helpful?
- QuestionWhat ACCEL distributor will fit my GM Vortec V8?AnswerACCEL # 60116Helpful?
- QuestionWhat ACCEL points eliminator kit do I need to convert an OEM point distributor to electronic?AnswerGM V8 1957-74: ACCEL #2010 Ford V8 1957-74: ACCEL #2020 MOPAR V8 1961-73: ACCEL #2020Helpful?
- QuestionHow do you adjust the ACCEL distributor’s vacuum advance timing?AnswerInsert a 3/32 hex key into the vacuum port and turn clockwise to increase the advance. Turn counterclockwise to reduce the vacuum advance.Helpful?
- QuestionDo I use a ballast resistor with ACCEL Super Coil #140001?AnswerYes, you will need a ballast resistor when using ACCEL Super Coil #140001 with a Unilite or MBI distributor. To use with a points style distributor, additional resistance is needed to get to 3.0 OHMs.Helpful?
- QuestionWhere do I return my ACCEL Opti-Spark II broken distributor for exchange?AnswerPlease refer to the “support” section of our website to fill out a repair form.Helpful?
Back To Top