- FIND YOUR PARTS
- Filter Results
- Clear Selection
- Black Anodized
- Cast Iron
Items 1 - 58 of 58
Items 1 - 58 of 58
- MSD’s race-proven adjustable mechanical advance features a chromoly plate and weights that are “fine blanked” for precision and balance. The weight pins are staked and TIG-welded, while nylon bushings ensure smooth movement of the weights. The entire assembly also receives a QPQ coating to reduce friction and eliminate corrosion. Three sets of advance springs and six stop bushings are supplied to dial-in a curve to match your application
- All of the MSD Distributors, except crank trigger models, use a high-output magnetic pickup to trigger the ignition system. This triggering method is extremely accurate and reliable at any engine rpm. The stationary pickup is mounted to the base of the distributor and creates an ignition signal as the shaft mounted reluctor passes by. This reluctor is precision manufactured and is bright zinc plated for corrosion resistance.
- The top of the polished steel shaft is guided by a sealed ball bearing while an extra long, sintered steel bushing is used at the bottom of the distributor some models use a lower bearing). This assembly will deliver accurate sparks for the life of your distributor, even in a 10,000 rpm race environment.
- MSD's Pro-Billet Distributors offer incredible strength and stability. Each housing is CNC-machined from a billet of 6061-T6 aluminum resulting in a precise housing with no porosity or weak areas.
- Most Pro-Billet Distributors are topped off with MSD’s own cap and rotor. Molded from Dupont Rynite material, the cap and rotor offer high dielectric properties and improved strength. Also, most models are supplied with a retainer to secure the wires.
- Race-proven adjustable mechanical advance
- High-output magnetic pickup trigger
- Polished steel shaft is guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Billet 6061-T6 aluminum CNC-machined housing offers incredible strength and stability
- MSD's own cap and rotors are molded from Dupont Rynite material offering high dielectric properties and strength
Adjustable Mechanical AdvanceOne of the most important features of the MSD Pro-Billet Distributors is the adjustable mechanical advance assembly. The mechanical advance, sometimes referred to as centrifugal advance, allows you to accurately and easily modify the advance curve to match your specific application. MSD engineers have spent many hours at the dyno controls and in our labs perfecting this great distributor feature.
A variety of timing curves can be achieved simply by changing the advance springs and stop bushing. The stop bushing determines the amount of mechanical advance that can be achieved. Each distributor is equipped from the factory with the blue (21°) bushing installed with five other bushings included; Red allows 28°, Silver 25°, Green 23°, Purple 19° and Black for 18°.
The springs determine the rate, or how fast the advance occurs. Each distributor comes with two heavy silver springs installed which give the curve the slowest advance rate. There are also two sets of springs with different tensions included; blue and light silver, which can be mixed and matched to achieve a variety of advance rates.
The charts to the left illustrate the variety of ignition timing curves you can achieve by simply changing the springs and stop bushing.
Pair with MSD Ignition ControlMost MSD Distributors must be used with an MSD Ignition Control. The Ready-to-Run models and the O.E. style distributors do not require an MSD Ignition.
Back To Top