Free shipping on orders over $100 Details
MENU
Share
Report

Bigger Front Shock Mounts

By: David 11/16/2020

Due to an upcoming project (3-Link Coil-Over Suspension in front :-) ), I needed to increase the size and strength of the front shock mounts and frame strength. So out with the old.



28CE7735-CEC1-44BA-83F8-70CA1D7182D8.jpg


80EFEFD4-60D0-4491-AE8D-B5C7D46FC329.jpg



And somehow fit these in there


75624463-13D7-4176-A7E6-10F680BC707E.jpg
42A02B67-6E1A-4301-B5D6-B1E9A051FD70.jpg


Started cutting and grinding away

086D4FBB-87C0-4D9C-8B12-CCDE452D67F4.jpg
0B70E041-73AD-4838-AF65-2AC124C72456.jpg
E637CB29-1ED8-43DA-BE25-41EC86DECE24.jpg
FA431DF8-4E51-4A7E-A4BE-09F2CC99E848.jpg
D27BD5D3-5E9B-4168-95C8-13AB963E2392.jpg


Adding the frame strengthener plate

8BC7A8A0-68D2-4410-B62F-18BC36F694F3.jpg
7CDBAE05-7F36-47BD-92E7-279CA6D7A185.jpg
9988D18C-7218-4F00-B787-DCBB81937742.jpg




65B5627E-7A4B-4FBC-92C5-B5F3F6EDCEE2.jpg



Needed to trim a couple inches off the bottom to keep a slight angle inwards for the shock and miss the supercharger intake adapter .

13F5BB71-9C0E-4F43-9617-F69D138BBDE3.jpg



460B6CEF-3604-45F8-B882-7AE1670FF811.jpg


Still a little close:

6BCBDC3A-8D43-435E-A915-CB35A6CC9234.jpg

So I had to cut the corners off

7D48A825-DF30-442E-B40B-D27167B5FC8D.jpg



And welded some flat plates back on

B372415D-0070-4C45-BE9C-689B8CB0B1C8.jpg


Moved on to the other side before welding everything up.

A0B75C6C-9621-4AFE-908C-EC0C63DED6D0.jpg
5125E435-5A22-4B46-9D32-E3C2EE6068F5.jpg
3CEB7637-B8B1-4204-AD6F-9C14C0F4EBEE.jpg
945B9CDC-BF8C-4567-8A7B-F862F0AB06D5.jpg


Getting everything mocked up and perfectly match the other side.

F7B6CA8E-5DAA-4948-81B7-CCF655962730.jpg


And start welding it in place

669B8C47-B0DE-4A67-A562-880EC932B3D7.jpg



I made some tabs to grab the bottom of the frame so the mount will attach to the frame on three sides.

FB8A09D6-B236-4AA4-B1D9-702FFEA9FCCE.jpg
9F74B45C-C2BB-4DA1-8A11-9F185C01A59E.jpg
6B96C765-53A8-49D8-A612-7CD58FCBA24F.jpg
E6B29E7F-9F6C-42D0-8083-FDB810389058.jpg



I am now able to go from a 9" travel shock to a 12" travel shock and hopefully also support the weight of the truck when I switch to coil springs. :-)

D88499F0-0568-4D74-B245-17DF27163E96.jpg



I had too big of an opening at the top on the other side from trying to figure out how it was going to fit originally so I thought I would try my hand at welding a patch on body work.

3D3E0EAB-283F-441B-83CE-FAA33D73441E.jpg
21B4D300-8312-4102-8ABC-7D412AF3EA11.jpg
A7315D5C-B708-4DF6-AEDA-B930B72C4870.jpg
BE59B41D-B981-479B-A4D9-E78E1A1EFCDE.jpg
82C6E263-B567-4ED0-A5A0-4BB2FFAA5D76.jpg
E2995D1B-8751-4999-B674-04B11B0B9513.jpg
F8D0A8E3-78B8-4BCA-BDB2-BB19DDBC7E78.jpg


And last I made a rubber trim piece to fit around the Shock mounts to help keep some water and debris out of the engine compartment.

7314A0DB-0C5A-4070-8D06-9C188BA469E4.jpg
E4C6D6CF-ED8E-4F68-8348-49895FD6BAC2.jpg
8B188099-B279-42A6-8623-B43865416665.jpg


Back to Ride