- Color: Grey/Red
- Horsepower: 600
- Drivetrain: RWD
Follow me on Instagram @hoodrat_hotrods 1979 Malibu Texas Speed 408 Gen 4 LS Mahle Pistons TSP Rods K1 4" Crank AFR 215 Cathedral Port Heads Holley EFI Holley Split Race Single Plane MPFI Intake Manifold Holley Mid-Mount Accessory Drive Holley Valve Covers Holley Throttle body Holley 48lb/hr injectors Hooker LS swap kit for 78-88 G body including mounts, headers, exhaust Procar by Scat Seats Ridetech Coilover Supension system UMI Frame Braces American Powertrain T56 Magnum American Powertrain Hydramax hyrdaulic throwout with G-body pedal bracket Currie 9" Rear with 3.89 gears and Detroit Locker PST Driveshaft C5 Vette front braks on 98 Blazer spindles Iroc-Z 12.7:1 Steering box 17x9 Daytona from US Wheel with 275/40/17 MSD Solid State Relay Module Spal Fans Frostbite G-body LS Swap Radiator FB302 Sniper EFI Fuel Tank Earl's Ultra Pro Fuel Lines
A long road to here07/15/2019
I've owned this car for about 4 years now. In that time it's had 3 engines, 4 transmissions, 2 rear ends, and a whole lot of tires. Here are some pics of the some of the worst carnage it's seen.
The new mill07/15/2019
After I destroyed the LQ4 6.0 in the first burnout contest at LS Fest East in 2017, I figured i should invest in a nice shortblock. A powerful N/A mill is very fitting for this build and the guys at Texas Speed came through big time. They gave me an...
Hot Rod Power Tour 2018 was a LOT of fun after getting the car from completely apart to mostly together in the matter of a couple weeks.
I've driven this car to many Nascar tracks including, Rockingham, Darlington, Talladega, Atlanta Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Kentucky Speedway and probably a few more i'm not remembering.
Text Entry from LS1tech ancient forum08/12/2019
"This is my 1979 Malibu. I'm still in the middle of this swap and I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Can't wait to drive it! I bought the car off of my college roommate who bought it off some crackhead while were in school at...
Small Block Chevy EFI setup08/12/2019
Once upon a time, I wanted to get creative with some Holley EFI stuff. I put LS coils, multi-port EFI and a few parts from EFIconnection.?@% to add some lipstick to this pig.
Once upon a time I used the flowmaster universal X pipe kit to make some rowdy exhaust for this car when it still had the old %&@$ of a small block in it.
This is what the car looked like the first time I had ever seen it. "talm bout dang ole sweeet mane"
I spent some time installing some noico sound deadening right before hot rod power tour 2019 and it was WELL worth it. I also installed carpet and some Procar Rally XL seats. There's still plenty left to do on the interior, but this made a huge diffe...
- 1970-1981 Camaro/Firebird, 1978-1987 GM "G" Body with GM LS Swap 4.8/5.3/6.0/6.2/7.0L (3-Row) NOTE: Inlet and Outlet fittings are available separately in three different sizes listed under the Service Parts Tab based on your hose size needs.
- Mr. Gasket MLS Head Gasket 6.0L-6 .2L GM Small Block Gen III/IV (Ls Based) Ls2/Ls3/Lq4/Lq9/L92 2005-20174.100" Bore - 0.040" Compressed Thickness (OE=0.051")
- GM LS Retro-fit Oil Pan - 1955-87 GM/Muscle Car/Classic Car/Trucks Cars requiring more clearance at the front half of the oil pan
- EFI single plane split-design race intake manifold. Fits all GM LS Gen III or IV engines equipped with LS1/LS2/LS6 style cathedral port cylinder heads
- LS Engine Drive includes SD7 A/C Compressor, Alternator, P/S Pump, Tensioner, SFI certified damper w/hard anodized billet crank pulley, Belt, & Pulleys
- 14" x 4" Air Cleaner Kit w/ Premium Filter - GM "Bowtie" and "Chevrolet" Logo
- Protect your spark plug boots with this double layered fiberglass boot guard. It takes the heat and abrasion instead of the boot. The material expands and stretches over irregular surfaces and is easy to install.
- For use on 1999 LS1 Truck Engines, Red jacket
- 1978-88 GM A/G-Body (Monte Carlo/Malibu/El Camino/Cutlass/Grand Prix/Regal/Bonneville), Full-Length LS-Swap, 1-7/8", Collector Size 3"
Faceplated T56 Big Rectangle port heads and LS3 intake More interior Fix wipers Finish sound system Strange S-Trac diff Power Steering Cooler Oil Cooler
Wish List: Hoodrat Hot Rod
- Single Plane EFI LS Intake Manifold. All GM LS Gen III or IV engines equipped with LS1/LS2/LS6 style cathedral port cylinder heads; Black Ceramic Coated Finish
- Includes SD7 A/C Compressor, Alternator, P/S Pump, Tensioner, Belt, & Pulleys