Hooker Super Competition Long Tube Header - Ceramic Coated
98-99 Camaro/Firebird: LS1 Tube Size 1.875", Collector Size 3", Port Shape: Same as Port
Free Shipping on orders over $100*
- Big 1 7/8” (Super Competition) tuned length primary tubes
- Super Competition version features a 3” slip fit Power Spear™ collector for efficient high RPM scavenging and reduced back pressure
- Competition version features a 3” slip fit long transition 9” conventional collector for efficient scavenging and reduced back pressure
- Made of sturdy 18 (Super Competition) gauge tube
- Precision machined 3/8” head flange for perfect sealing
- Tight tuck collector designs make it easier to lower vehicle 1”-3”
- Industry’s best welds for appearance and long life Offered in high temp black, metallic ceramic coated or 304 stainless steel
- Easy to install and comes complete with hardware and instructions
Hooker Super Competition Headers - Big Tubes and Power Spear Collector™. These headers are for high output, supercharged or big inch versions of the Gen III (LS-6/LS-7) engine. The big 1-7/8" tubes combined with Hooker's unique Power Spear® create the ideal header for competition use. Hooker's Power Spear allows exhaust gases to maintain high velocity as they enter the collector. They also divert along a straighter path in the collector, directing them to merge without excessive back pressure-causing turbulence. These features help extend and broaden the engines torque curve. The thick 3/8" flanges will seal perfectly and indefinitely. They are designed for a precise, noninterfering fit and good ground clearance. Gaskets and hardware kit are included.
These high performance headers are intended for the street enthusiast who wants the best performing header out there. These headers maintain the high value standards Competition headers are known for with sturdy 16 gauge construction and our new 3/8" head flange for superior sealing. These headers are easy to install, offer good ground clearance and come complete with gaskets and hardware kit.
|Collector Diameter||3 inch|
|Header Finish||Silver Metallic Ceramic|
|Header Style||Long Tube|
|Primary Tube Dia.||1-7/8 inch|
|Tube Material||Mild Steel|
Breaking in an engine with ceramic coated headers WILL result in damage to the coating and will VOID all warranties. Hooker recommends using cast iron exhaust manifolds or old headers during your engine break-in period to avoid damaging your coated damage. Please call Hooker tech service at 270-781-9741 for additional information regarding ceramic coated exhaust products. The use of header wraps can cause the header tubes to crack or rust due to excessive heat and moisture build-up. Hooker does not recommend the use of header wraps as this will void the warranty. Hooker long tube headers do not come with header reducers.
This part is legal for use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles or Racing Vehicles.
The following vehicles are considered Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles:
- 1965 and older U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older Foreign manufactured vehicle
Racing Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for racing or other forms of competition that are not registered and that may never be used on the street.
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the continental US on orders over $100.