Hooker Competition Long Tube Header - Painted
98-02 Camaro/Firebird: LS1 - No Emissions Tube Size 1.75", Collector Size 3", Port Shape: Same as Port
Free Shipping on orders over $100*
- Industry’s best welds for appearance and long life Offered in high temp black & metallic ceramic coated
- Tight tuck collector designs make it easier to lower vehicle 1”-3”
- Precision machined 3/8” head flange for perfect sealing
- Made of sturdy 18 (Super Competition) gauge tube
- Super Competition version features a 3” slip fit Power Spear™ collector for efficient high RPM scavenging and reduced back pressure
- Big 1 3/4” (Super Competition) tuned length primary tubes
- Easy to install and comes complete with hardware and instructions
Hookers new Super Competition and Competition Headers for 98-2002 LS F-bodies have all the A.I.R. and EGR fittings deleted and are for high output, supercharged or big inch versions of the Gen III (LS-6/LS-7) engine. The Competition versions feature 1-3/4" tuned length 16 gauge primary tubes and a 3" slip fit long transition 9" conventional collector for efficient scavenging and reduced backpressure. The Super Competition and Competition versions both feature thick 3/8" flanges that will seal perfectly and indefinitely and are available in black paint or Hookers ceramic thermal barrier coating.
These high performance Headers are intended for off-road race use only. These Headers maintain the high value standards Hooker Headers are known for. These Headers are easy to install, offer good ground clearance and come complete with gaskets and hardware kit. Y-pipes are also available to fit these headers.
|Collector Diameter||3 inch|
|Header Finish||Black Paint|
|Header Style||Long Tube|
|Primary Tube Dia.||1-3/4 inch|
|Tube Material||Mild Steel|
Breaking in an engine with ceramic coated headers WILL result in damage to the coating and will VOID all warranties. Hooker recommends using cast iron exhaust manifolds or old headers during your engine break-in period to avoid damaging your coated damage. Please call Hooker tech service at 270-781-9741 for additional information regarding ceramic coated exhaust products. The use of header wraps can cause the header tubes to crack or rust due to excessive heat and moisture build-up. Hooker does not recommend the use of header wraps as this will void the warranty. Hooker long tube headers do not come with header reducers.
This part is legal for use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles or Racing Vehicles.
The following vehicles are considered Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles:
- 1965 and older U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older Foreign manufactured vehicle
Racing Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for racing or other forms of competition that are not registered and that may never be used on the street.
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the continental US on orders over $100.