Holley EFI V4 Software
Holley EFI V5 Software
Previous Software Versions/Updates
Holley EFI V2 Sofware
Commander 950 Base Maps
- QuestionCan I run a DBW (Drive by Wire ) Throttle body?AnswerThe Dominator has integrated drive by wire throttle body control. For GM, Ford Coyote and late model Hemi.Helpful?
- QuestionDo you need a lap top to get the engine running?AnswerThe Terminator, Sniper and Avenger Systems include a hand held programmer. The HP and Dominator systems require a laptop. All of the system can be tuned from a PC with compatible software.Helpful?
- QuestionCan I run a MSD type ignition with your EFI systems?AnswerYes capacitive discharge type ignition systems are compatible.Helpful?
- QuestionAre any of the systems (self tuning)?AnswerThe HP, Sniper, Avenger and Dominator systems have self tuning fuel strategy.Helpful?
- QuestionWhy should I choose Holley over another manufacturer?AnswerThere are other quality manufactures in the market place . Holley EFI systems offer flexibility and modular upgradability that is not offered by other manufactures. Our systems are broad spectrum and are used on everything from stock engine street rods to 4000+ HP pro-mods. The base ECU used in a Terminator is the same ECU used in Arce and in NHRA pro stock. The level of customer support we offer is unmatched in the industry from the quality of our tech support, Dealer network and end user training classes. Holley will be there after the sale.Helpful?
- QuestionAre any of your systems sequential fire?AnswerThe HP and Dominator series of ECUs can be programmed for Sequential Fuel strategies. They will require a cam as well as a crank reference input.Helpful?
- QuestionWill your EFI system plug into my factory wiring harness?AnswerUnfortunately no, All of our systems utilize a stand alone harness.Helpful?
- QuestionThe instructions say I need to wire the main power and ground wire directly to the Battery. Is that really that important and can I hook it up someplace else like a distribution lug, starter solenoid or kill switch?AnswerYes it is very important. Connecting them directly to the battery is one of the most important steps of the installation. Failure to follow any installation instructions as minor as they may seem can result in performance issues including damage that will not be covered under warranty.Helpful?
- QuestionCan I run E-85 or Methanol?AnswerThe HP and Dominator systems can be programmed for any concentration of gasoline, Ethanol or Methanol. However you need to make sure that the fuel system including your fuel injectors are compatible.Helpful?
- QuestionWhat type of injectors and how many can the system run?AnswerThe HP ECU can run up to 16, high or low impedance injectors. It can stage two sets on a 4 cylinder. The Dominator ECU can run up to 24 high or low impedance injectors. It can run three sets with one staged on a 6 or 8 cylinder. The Sniper EFI system will be offered in a 4 and 8 injector option.Helpful?
- QuestionDoes your system have traction control?AnswerThe Holley HP and Dominator ecu based systems support traction control when used in conjunction with a Holley specific module offered by Davis traction control.Helpful?
- QuestionWill your system control my factory transmission ABS brakes etc.?AnswerThe Dominator EFI has ability to run a GM 4L60E , 4L80E Ford AODE and 4R70W. HP and Dominator based ECU's can be programmed for TCC control on a 700r4 or 200r4.Helpful?
- QuestionWill your system run DIS?AnswerThe HP has 8 channel outputs the Dominator has 10 channels . They are capable of driving "Smart" coils, Holley DIS coils or 2 wire high current "DUMB" coils with the addition of the 554-112 high current coil driver as well as Waste Spark applications.Helpful?
- QuestionDoes your system offer Nitrous control?AnswerThe HP ECU's have integrated Wet or Dry , Progressive and fixed NOS control for 4 stages, Dominator ECU's can support 8 stages.Helpful?
- QuestionDo your systems offer boost control?AnswerThe HP and Dominator systems offer Turbo boost control.Helpful?
- QuestionCan I run water meth?AnswerBoth the HP and Dominator systems have integrated water meth capabilities.Helpful?
- QuestionAre your injection systems emissions legal?AnswerYou will need to check local and state emissions regulations. Unfortunately due to the user tune ability of the systems the C.A.R.B. will not issue them an EO# at this time.Helpful?
- QuestionWill your EFI work with a turbo or other form of forced induction?AnswerThe HP and Dominator ecu's are compatible with 1- 9.9 Bar applications. The systems also has integrated boost control. Sniper EFI has a 2 bar integrated map sensor.Helpful?
- QuestionAre Terminator, Sniper, Avenger , HP and Dominator systems narrow or wide Band?AnswerThey are all wide band systems. The Dominator is dual channel capable.Helpful?
- QuestionDo your systems support Transmission control?AnswerAll systems that include a Dominator based ECU can controll the following transmissions. ( GM = 4L60E, 4L65E, 4L80E ) ( Ford = 4R70W and AODE ).Helpful?
- QuestionWill your EFI system work with my Oddfire engine?AnswerCurrently we do not have an EFI system that has the ability to do timing control with unevenly spaced firing orders (odd fire). However, if you have an ignition system that has an RPM output, you can use our EFI for fuel control.Helpful?
- QuestionWhat type of injectors and how many can the system run?AnswerThe HP ECU can run up to 16 high or low impedance injectors. It can stage two sets on a 4 cylinder. The Dominator ECU can run up to 24 high or low impedance injectors It can run three sets with one staged on a 4 or 6 cylinder. The Sniper EFI system will be offered in a 4 and 8 injector option.Helpful?
- QuestionWhere do I send my ECU to have it repaired?AnswerUnfortunately we cannot repair the ECU because it is Potted. Potting the ecu provides several benefits. The down side is that a potted ECU cannot be repaired if it is damaged due to improper installation. Always read the instruction and follow proper installation procedures to avoid ECU damage. If you damage the USB port by pulling the cable out of the connector on the back of the ECU we may be able to repair it. Contact a tech service representative for more information pertaining to a damaged USB port.Helpful?
Back To Top