- Color: Pink
- Horsepower: 4
- Drivetrain: AWD
This is my homemade death trap. It started its life as a DBS tricycle made for kids, but when i got my hands on it, that all changed. I got a crashed 1:5 scale RC monster truck with a 30cc 2-stroke engine from one of my old teachers. It had only been used for 3 hours before it crashed and stored away for 3 years when i got it. All i had to do was put in some new gas and it fired right up. I took away all the suspension and drivetrain, and electronics from the monster truck, so it was only the engine left on the frame. then i chopped off the parts of the frame that i didn't need. I took the differential from the monster truck, and turned it 90 degrees, so the input shaft was facing up, and made the mid diff thing from the monster truck face down. I connected them by modifying a long 7mm pipe. I made the engine mounts by stacking some pieces of plastic on top of eachother and putting a bolt through them. And to get that power down to the wheels i used the driveshafts from the monstertruck. It looks like it has independent rear suspension, but the suspension part of it is not actually there. I had to modify the wheels too. I cut out the center of the wheels, and welded in a tube and a plate with some holes to match the custom spindels i made. Believe it or not, it actually has brakes! But they're just as sketchy as everything else on this bike. There are 2 discs and 3 pads that sandwich together when i press the brake, but finding the brake lever in the first place is a challenge itself (the mounting system is less then ideal). It's also AWD, Pedals for the front wheel, engine for the rear wheels. It has no accelerator on the steering handle, so i can't have both hands on the "wheel". It's small, like REALLY small. In one of the pictures you can see it parked next to a Harley Davidson front wheel, it's about the same hight and length. The sketchiest part of the bike is the steering. I tried to go as fast as i could with it once, and the handle was straight, but the front wheel decided to turn 90 degrees and throw me off. after that i used some locktight to connect them, and i havent had the same probrem since. The best part of this project is how much it cost. 5$. thats all.
Fix the diff, and make a throttle system on the steering handle.