Restores & Maintains Your Fuel & Exhaust System
Use Cataclean® 4X a YearWinter, Spring, Summer and Fall for gasoline, diesel and hybrid vehicles
Cataclean is an engine and fuel system detoxification technology that prevents fouling of your catalytic converter, removes existing deposits and increases fuel efficiency
Directions for use:Remove seal before emptying entire contents of one bottle of Cataclean® Liquid Science into fuel tank. Then drive for at least 15 minutes and refuel when necessary. Recommended ratio of one 450ml bottle of Cataclean® Liquid Science to approximately 15 litres of fuel.
- EPA Approved
- Easy to use - simply pop, pour and go
- Safe for gasoline, diesel and hybrid vehicles
- Does not alter fuel composition and is safe for gasoline, diesel & hybrid engines
- Restores, maintains & helps protect the catalytic converter, oxygen sensors, fuel injectors, cylinder heads and DPF (diesel particulate filter)
- Lowers total hydrocarbon emissions up to 50%
- Reduces harmful carbon build-up on oxygen sensors
- Improves fuel efficiency
- Restores engine performance
- Legal in all 50 states
- Patented formula
Reduces Emissions and Improves Overall Engine Performance!
- Build up of deposits limits flow reducing engine power and efficiency
- Exhaust gas combines with Cataclean® compounds
- Cataclean® compounds break down and remove the carbon and deposit build-up | RESULT: Increased catalytic efficiency and reduced emissions
* Performance results are dependent on driver habits and vehicle condition.
Why/How Cataclean Works
Cataclean®, a patented fuel treatment, comprises of a unique blend of hydrocarbons and known fuel constituents. These components are recognised to be compatible for use in internal combustion engines. Some of the components have been studied and proven to have a positive effect on the efficiency of the fuel combustion process while other components act as pre-combustion solvents to remove the build-up of component contaminants.
Part 1. Cataclean as a Fuel Treatment
In internal combustion engines, incomplete combustion occurs under high temperature and pressure when there is a lack of oxygen available to completely oxidise the fuel to CO2 and water. The by-products of this incomplete oxidation result in environmentally harmful compounds such as; CO, NOx and a mixture of organic chemicals e.g. Methane, aromatic carbonyls and unsaturated hydrocarbons.
Catalytic converters are included in vehicles to convert these by-products to less harmful chemicals. Overtime the catalytic converter may become less efficient due to build-up of carbon deposits due to incomplete combustion.
The main constituents of the Cataclean formulation are; Acetone, isopropanol, xylene and long-chain hydrocarbons, namely paraffin and has two functions;
1. Produce oxygen to help with oxidation of layer of carbon deposits on the catalytic surface.
2. Produce a carboxylic acid vapour which helps in the cleaning of the catalytic converter.
There have been many studies looking at the individual components of Cataclean and their products of combustion. The main identified products being; Acetaldehyde, Formaldehyde, Alkylperoxides and Hydrogen peroxide.
Aldehydes oxidise to form carboxylic acids which strip away the inorganic contaminants and the catalytic converter can convert hydrogen peroxide to water and oxygen to aid oxidation.
Part 2. Overall effect of Cataclean on internal combustion engine performance
The Cataclean formulation is differentiated by containing solvents to help remove deposits that may be formed in fuel delivery systems pre-combustion. Deposits may form on fuel lines, injectors, sensors or filters which result in increased fuel consumption and reduced engine performance.
Acetone is a proven fuel solvent additive that enhances the efficiency of fuel combustion in internal combustion engines. Acetone has been used in race cars since the 1930's to enhance octane rating and make fuel burn efficiently.
Isopropanol, is far less corrosive than other alcohols such as ethanol or methanol. It also offers better solubilty in fuel which result in low deposit formation and lower emissions.
As Cataclean components combust with the fuel, the by-products remove deposits, such as carbon build-up from the vehicles exhaust system, catalytic converter and oxygen sensors. The post combustion vapours from Cataclean help to revitalise the catalytic converter so that harmful emissions are removed from the exhaust more readily. This cleaning improves the performance of the catalytic converter and increases vehicle performance.
Therefore, the use of Cataclean at the manufacture’s prescribed dosage, cleans fuel systems and improves combustion efficiency.
Back To Top