Hooker BlackHeart Gen III Hemi Swap Kit
1987-1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ Gen III Hemi Swap Kit
$411.31 Your Price
Starting at $37 a month with Learn More
- Add V8 Power & Torque to your 1987-1995 Jeep Wrangler TJ with a Gen III Hemi Engine Swap
- Fits Jeeps that Came from the Factory with a 4 or 6-Cylinder Engine
- Works with or Without a Body or Suspension Lift
- Designed to install a Gen III Hemi engine with 545RFE transmission into Jeep Wrangler YJ w/ NP231J transfer case with aftermarket adapter.
- Compatible with Factory 2003-2008 5.7L Gen III Hemi Truck Engine
- Maintains the Stock Passenger Side Engine Offset for Optimum Vehicle Component Compatibility
- Works with Hooker BlackHeart Jeep Wrangler Swap Headers, Y-Pipe, and Exhaust System
- Works with Factory Skid Plate / Crossmember – Cost Savings Since The Factory Part is Reused
- Raw Un-Painted Steel for Easy Welding & Strong Mounting Foundation
- Includes “clamshell” style engine mounts and polyurethane inserts for trouble-free use and serviceability
- Engine Position Allows for Use of Electric or Mechanical Engine Cooling Fan
|Application||1987-1995 Jeep Wrangler|
|Engine||GEN 3 HEMI|
|Product Type||Engine & Transmission Mount Kit|
|Type of Component||Engine & Transmission Mount Kit|
This product is engineered to facilitate the installation of a later model, emissions friendly engine into a vintage / classic vehicle. Federal guidelines indicate that an engine swap is allowable if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- If there is a reasonable basis for knowing that emissions are not adversely affected as described in EPA Memo 1A
- The resulting vehicle is identical (with regard to all emissions related parts, engine design parameters and engine calibrations) to a certified configuration of the same or newer model year as the vehicle chassis
- The vehicle is a uncontrolled vehicle - Vehicles that were manufactured before emission control regulations took effect are called uncontrolled vehicles. Aftermarket parts regulations and anti-tampering laws do not apply to these vehicles
- An EO legal engine swap kit is utilized (such as a GM EROD)
- The vehicle is being used for Competition Use Only - Racing Use Only Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for competition that are not registered and that may never be used on the street
Consumers are responsible for complying with laws prohibiting tampering, and for ensuring that modified vehicles are operated in a manner that complies with applicable laws.
Motor vehicle emissions standards are intended to help achieve and maintain air quality goals that benefit human health and the environment. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the California Air Resources Board, Environment Canada, and other regulatory agencies prohibit the operation of vehicles on public roads that violate applicable emissions standards. The alteration of certified production vehicles to modify, remove, or render inoperable emissions control hardware or software, known as "tampering" is prohibited by the U.S. Clean Air Act and other laws. Tampering with motor vehicles emissions control systems is punishable by substantial monetary penalties.
Holley is committed to performance parts that allow enthusiasts to modify their vehicles and meet emission requirements. The information provided here is intended to provide general guidance of interest to most consumers. This guidance may not apply to all vehicles or all situations. It is up to each consumer to evaluate his or her own situation and take the steps necessary to comply with applicable laws. The websites listed below have more information about regulations and policies pertaining to motor vehicle emissions. You should also check the regulations applicable to your local area.
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the contiguous US on orders over $100, excludes clearance parts and oversized packages.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations.