Hooker Super Competition Long Tube Header - Painted
1955-57 Chevys; LS (all exc. LS7) Engine Swap Headers with Unisteer rack and pinion steering
Free Shipping on orders over $100*
- True long-tube design to maximize performance potential of engine
- Thick plate steel flanges provide leak-proof seal at cylinder heads
- Designed to fit with Unisteer rack and pinion
- Designed to be compatible with other popular aftermarket components for this application
- Available in three different finishes for more variations in vehicle personalization.
These swap headers allow enthusiasts to drop an LS (all exc. LS7) engine into the ever popular 1955-1957 Chevy. These new headers were designed to fit only with a Unisteer rack and pinion system. If running a 605 box or stock steering setup see part # 2292HKR. They are a true 1-3/4" long tube design to sufficiently maximize the torque and horsepower of the free breathing LS engines.
They are available in high temp black paint, silver ceramic or Hooker's brand new "Darkside" black ceramic.
Breaking in an engine with ceramic coated headers WILL result in damage to the coating and will VOID all warranties. Hooker recommends using cast iron exhaust manifolds or old headers during your engine break-in period to avoid damaging your coated damage. Please call Hooker tech service at 270-781-9741 for additional information regarding ceramic coated exhaust products. The use of header wraps can cause the header tubes to crack or rust due to excessive heat and moisture build-up. Hooker does not recommend the use of header wraps as this will void the warranty.
This part is legal for use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles or Racing Vehicles.
The following vehicles are considered Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles:
- 1965 and older U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older Foreign manufactured vehicle
Racing Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for racing or other forms of competition that are not registered and that may never be used on the street.
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the continental US on orders over $100.