Flathead Ford Ready-to-Run Distributor for '49-'53
The 8-BA Flathead Distributor is supplied with a special die to help set up the hold down clamp.
$504.95 Your Price
Starting at $45 a month with Learn More
- Designed for 1949-1953 8-BA Ford Flathead engines
- No CARB Exemption Order Number
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- Accepts Cap-A-Dapts
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap, rotor, gear, roll pin and setup spacer
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Includes built-in Rev Limiter!
- Ready-to-Run distributor replacement harness$13.87Qty:
This part is legal for use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles or Racing Vehicles.
The following vehicles are considered Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles:
- 1965 and older U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older Foreign manufactured vehicle
Racing Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for racing or other forms of competition that are not registered and that may never be used on the street.
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the contiguous US on orders over $100.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations.