Ask our Experts, we're here to help!
The Holley EFI engineers have been busy cramming even more features into the popular HP & Dominator ECU's! With this most recent update, a ton of new crank and cam trigger patterns have been added allowing more even more end-user support. Getting Holley EFI onto your race vehicle has never been easier and our engineers will continue to push their ECU's to be some of the most capable on the market!
LIST OF ADDED CANNED IGNITION TYPES:
◦ “Sniper Hyperspark Sequential” (4, 6, 8 cylinder; clockwise and counterclockwise) – For Sniper Hyperspark Distributors.
▪ Follow installation and setup instructions included with distributor for install, uses reference angle of 0
▪ Configures Ignition Output as Points Out (dwell = 2.0msec). Can trigger CD box of Sniper EFI coil driver module.
◦ “Sniper Hyperspark TBI” – 1 pulse/fire non-sequential – For Sniper Hyperspark Distributors
▪ Follow installation and setup instructions included with distributor for install, uses reference angle of 57.5
◦ Holley Dual Sync – For Holley EFI Dual Sync Distributors
▪ Follow installation and setup instructions included with distributor for install, uses reference angle of 50
They also included a selection of new crank types that can be selected when choosing "Custom" ignition types in their V5 Build 160 software. These new patterns are as follows:
LIST OF CUSTOM CRANK TYPES:
◦ 12 Tooth (even spaced)
◦ 24 Tooth (even spaced)
NOTE: Some custom ignition cam/crank patterns are not allowed, please see table below for patterns.
Aside from the new patterns, a few software changes were made including an update to the MSD Pro 600-8 Ignition Output. This will change the output signal duty cycle (mostly at cranking RPM) and although not required, is recommended that all Pro 600-8 users update to this latest build 160.
As always, our fuel injection tuning software can be found under the support section of the site, HERE.